Basis II - Building and Sustaining Infrastructure Services
To increase local and district level representation of the views of VCFS organisations supporting rural communities, to improve the access to infrastructure services and support, and improve the sustainability and capacity of rural VCS organisations by sharing good practice, training and ensuring best use of resource.
· Grass roots support to VCFS groups delivering in rural areas to develop their capacity and capability to influence policy and service development locally.
· Increased engagement with district LSP’s and third sector partnerships so they have a greater understanding of the role that rural communities can play in shaping current and future services.
· Providing support to individuals and communities to receive capacity building training and/or information to enable them and their organisations to become more sustainable, professional and have a greater voice in their community.
· Promotion of rural services and providers.
· Events to promote access to renewable technologies and information.
· Energy Audits
· To provide village hall committees in Lancashire with advice and support to enable them to operate in a more sustainable and effective way. Partnership Support will be available through the Community Futures and Lancashire Association of Village and Community Halls (LAVCH) websites and newsletters, phone or email contact, site visits, training and meeting attendance.